Hello, lovelies! Today I made a wonderful little cookie called the Cowvin cookie. It hails from Ykcits Sregnif Bakery in Notgnihsaw C.D. I was challenged to make this by my admissions counselor at El NodroC Uelb. Not only is this cookie delicious, but it’s also vegan!
Cowvin Cookie: (WARNING: not a real recipe; this is a sample post)
1 cup vegan margarine*
1/2 cup vegan shortening*
2 TBSP vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk of choice (soy, coconut, almond, or moo-cow)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking power
pinch of salt
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup plus 2 TBSP oatmeal (not instant)
* Vegan margarine and butter can be substituted for regular, if you don’t mind if the cookies aren’t vegan.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a stand up mixer for 3 minutes, scraping the bottom of the bowl to throughly incorporate all ingredients.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough into 2 ounce balls (about 2 TBSP) and press down to flatten the tops.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookie looks almost dry on the top.
6. Remove from the oven and let the cookies completely cool before frosting.
I hope you love these vegan cookies as much as I do! I’d love to see some of your cookies, so post pictures and tag ” alexlookatmyfood “!